Today marks my 6 months since surgery. It doesn’t feel that long.. naturally, time seems to fly by the older you get. So here are the stats:
Heaviest Weight: 266 lb
Surgery Weight: 251 lb
Current Weight: 193 lb
So I am down a total of 73 lbs (15 of those lost on pre-surgery diet) leaves 58 lbs since surgery.
Mixed emotions about these numbers. 73 pounds is awesome and I feel great but during the last 3 months I have only lost 11 lbs. The slowness is 100% my fault and even though I am happy with my current weight, I feel like I failed because I didn’t try harder to lose more. They say you lose the most during your first 6 months, did I just screw myself on further weight loss? During the last few months I have gone through… Halloween, Thanksgiving, A New York Weekend, A Caribbean Cruise, multiple Christmas parities, and New Year’s Eve. I used the holidays as an excuse to eat the things I shouldn’t.
I have been fortunate that nausea and vomiting are not part of my life since surgery. I know many that get sick after eating certain foods, eating too much, too fast … etc. I have been able to control all those things and prevent the sickness. The downside of that is, I can eat anything I want! I managed to lose and gain the same 3-5 pounds over and over recently. I was really concerned about the NYC and Cruise vacations because of all the food and just being away from home. It turns out that I can eat awful on vacation and come home the same weight because of all the extra activities I am able to do. That’s great but it would have been awesome to come home weighing less because of all those activities. The hardest part was the Christmas parties and I gained about 4-5 lbs over the two weeks my kids were off school. The good news is that, as soon as I started eating better those 5 lbs fell off almost instantly.
So other then the food side of my journey I am now going through the phase of my hair falling out! It’s such a sad sad thing to see. I am doing everything I can think of to stop it but so far I have not been successful.
Things that make me happy:
* I climbed to the top of the Statue of Liberty with my kids and husband while in NYC. I couldn’t have done this before the surgery.
* I can buy jeans in the Jr. department at the store. 14/15 jr jeans are a lot cheaper then Womens size 12/14 jeans!
* My daughter told me I am skinny because she can wrap her arms around me now when we hug.
* I am no longer being a hermit. My husband and I have gone out and had fun the last 2 weekends doing adult things with adult people and adult conversations. Trying to live a little more.
* As much as I seem to not like girls due to their cattiness, drama, and self centeredness.. I would like to actually have some friends to hangout with. The problem is finding ones I can actually deal with. Guys are so much easier to get along with.
Things that suck:
* Hair falling out
* Never ending constipation (just keeping it real lol)
* $$ The high cost of eating healthy
New Goals for the next 6 months:
* Lose 20 more pounds
* Figure out a way to remove these damn wrinkles on my face!
* Make a friend … that isn’t a bitch
* Go out on more dates with my hubby 🙂